Technical Specialist / Analyst
We're looking for a Technical Specialist or Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll be responsible for working with colleagues across the bank and external parties to create and support the promotion of change management through the use of CA Endevor
- It's an excellent opportunity to work with one of the leaders in Endevor within the UK
- You'll support our challenging and technical environment, where you'll have great exposure to some of the best new enterprise level technologies in the industry
What you'll do
We're looking for an experienced CA Endevor user who has knowledge of Endevor on the IBM Mainframe platform. You'll be working with the 3rd level support team, where you'll be responsible for maintaining the Endevor infrastructure used within the Bank. In addition to day to day support activities around problem and incident management, you'll peer-check project implementations to ensure they adhere to internal standards, install, maintain and upgrade Endevor on all our platforms.
- Support the Endevor infrastructure for software change management and its automated deployment process, Endevor web services including the Eclipse UI and web-hooks
- Support the ServiceNow to mainframe communication tool
- Act as the first point of contact for the Endevor team, manage the helpdesk and monitor incidents and problems
- Perform 3rd level technical recovery for incidents
- Collaborate with your peers both internally within Technology and also external business partners including CA Technologies
- Influence colleagues across RBS Group on the proposed area of technical knowldge service, ensuring recommendations are in line with the overall TS and RBS Group Strategy, standards and policy
- Provide out of hours support as required
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who is able to work under pressure and be a team player. Knowledge of risk management, incident and problem and change management with Service Now would also be useful, but is not essential as training will be provided.
This is a technical role and to succeed it's essential that you have knowledge and/or experience with the following:
- CA Endevor software
- IBM Utilities
- DevOps processes and integrations
- Software Configuration management
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus pension funding. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.