Junior Avaloq Developer - Financial Planning & Investments
We're looking for a Junior Avaloq Developer - Financial Planning & Investments to join us in Zurich.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment with the latest technologies and in sharing your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- You'll be joining our organisation as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
What you'll do
The role owner is responsible for the development and enhancement of the core application Avaloq, within the Financial Planning & Investments area. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on API’s and develop your business and technical know-how.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Software engineering with focus on API development
- Growing knowledge of standard banking software Avaloq (including certification) in the sector of trading
- Support of senior developers with software development and incident analysis
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of Avaloq and at least two years experience as an Avaloq Developer. You'll need to have a higher degree in computer science or engineering, with first experience in financial services.
We’ll also expect the role to demonstrate:
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Java SE/EE, REST API and understanding of Web Technologies
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, SQL
- Knowledge of established software development methodologies such as agile and waterfall delivery methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Structured mind-set, innovative and self-starter
- English spoken / written fluent, German is beneficial
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
RBS Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT services and operations processing provider for Private Banking entities of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to Private Banking clients.
The RBS Private Banking entities offer high net worth clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts and Adam & Co brands as well as to designated NatWest and RBS clients in the UK and internationally. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.