Customer Telephony Apprenticeship
This job posting is no longer active
If you’re looking for a Customer Telephony Apprenticeship, join us in Edinburgh
- Joining our collaborative telephony team, you’ll be taking the first step into a long and fulfilling career
- You’ll earn a Level 3 Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship with a Professional Banker Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £18,025, and after a great first year of serving our customers, we’ll put this up to £19,275
What you'll do
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day telephone banking transactions, like paying bills or transferring funds abroad, or offering our customers products and services that are right for them, you’ll be there to help.
- You’ll respond to their changing needs, and use your own expertise to recommend and promote the benefits of the different ways they can bank with us
- By building real connections to understand our customer needs, you’ll find the right solutions for them
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain fantastic insight and experience in this role, and you’ll be opening new career opportunities as we’ll support you to achieve your Level 3 in Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be passionate about excelling in customer service and building relationships, and you’ll combine this with:
- Great listening skills
- The ability to empathise with your customer’s situation
- The determination to learn and develop new skills
Resolving the complex problems won’t faze you as you’ll have built a fantastic knowledge of our products and services to help answer a range of customer queries.
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and work a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and Midnight Monday to Sunday. You'll be required to work either a Saturday or a Sunday each week and bank holiday working is a feature of this role. You must be fully flexible and be able to commit to the full range of hours.
Any hours worked outside 8am to 8pm will also attract an additional shift premium payment.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are the age of 16 and over. It’s a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £18,025, your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Interviewing for this role
All of our branch and call-centre based roles have a one-way video-based assessment stage.
We want to give you a helping hand, so we’ve put together a short video that’ll give you some handy tips and best practices - and also tell you what to expect during the process.