Software Designer (Development & Automation)
This job posting is no longer active
The person is required to work as an individual contributor in a global technology team developing end to end solutions for C&IB Tech Division of RBS out of the Gurugram office. The person is supposed to be technically competent and translate the business requirement into technical solutions as assigned by the leads/managers
What the Business Does
Technology develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus. Provides critical tools and controls for managing the economic health of our businesses. The unit provides; Expertise & Insight, Data & Tools, High quality and stable platforms which fits for risk
As Sr. Software Designer, you will be required to:
- Understand the production of Master control pack for all regions (US, APAC, India and UK)
- Understand the Financial Domain across various Risk Areas including Service Management, IT Management & Production Management
- Understand the different scorecards, dashboards, etc of MCP and automate the production with GUI linked with DB extraction and coding at the backend
- Work with IT teams, including outsourced functions, requiring an understanding of technical issues relating to Application and the platform
- Work closely with dev, infrastructure and business analysts, testing teams located at various locations
- Ensure optimum performance and stability of the code developed and deployed
- Coordinate with dev and test teams; ensure that the environments are available for all the test requirements. Coordinate with Infrastructure team and ensure that the application versions are promoted to QA/UA, pre-prod and prod environments.
- Perform development tasks
- Perform analysis, estimation, development, testing and documentation for all assigned development tasks
- Take ownership of issues through to delivery or issue resolution or escalation, as appropriate
- Code optimization, performance tuning, demonstrations to QA, BM teams, SMT BM’s, builds and deployments
- Take ownership of QA, UAT and Production releases
- Ownership of Change process – raise Prod Change requests, follow up for approvals, maintenance of release and configuration plans
- Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams
- Liaise with stake holders on potential process improvements and work towards streamlining and standardizing all BM reporting and bring in the reporting factory concept over a period of time
- Comply with Bank standards and established processes
- Train, guide and mentor new hires in the team, as applicable
Skills you need
- Planning & Analytical skills
- Proven track record in collaborating with staff across multiple regions, functions & roles
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Track record of efficiency and ability to multi-task easily
- Ability to priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community