Release & Environment Designer
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in technical analysis and associated solutions for all infrastructure related requirements, a position as Release & Environment Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for running all infrastructure related projects for various applications within TMO.
To qualify for this role, you need to have around five years of experience in a similar role.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the TMO division reporting to the Release and Environment Lead.
TMO provides critical tools and controls for managing the economic health of our businesses. The unit provides; Expertise & Insight, Data & Tools, High quality and stable platforms which fit for collateral, operations and lending business purpose.
As Release & Environment Designer, you will be required to:
- Understand and drive decision on all new infrastructure requirements and related technology in most efficient way; ensure service infrastructure is built to design specification
- Provide a timely and effective response to infrastructure queries by analyzing, investigating and fixing them as required
- Provide expert support and advisory services as an engineering solutions provider for analyzing platform-level configurations and performance issues; continuously work for process improvement. Especially look to improve control and increase automation
- Participate in reviews of major deliveries and production incidents to identify any root-cause issues and ways to improve / mitigate; implement the Release & Environment support best practices and processes within their own business units
- Ensure uptime of non production environments as per agreed SLA; develop processes and tools to monitor the application suite; mentor new joiners in the team to increase knowledge and effectiveness
- Maintain proper documentation on all operating procedures in-line with RBS best practices, to ensure knowledge accessibility and continuous learning amongst team; develop strong working relationship with the Application development teams, testing teams and infrastructure support teams to resolve release & environment issues
- Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of release issues, provides immediate resolution for critical problems and works effectively with product owners to implement the long term solutions
Skills you need
- Experience in regular Build and Release activities on PRE-PROD and Production environments; providing support to support teams and Developer community on application/build/release related issues.
- Maintaining documentation, actions and resolutions in-line with RBS best practices, to ensure knowledge accessibility and continuous learning amongst team.
- Experience of working with code repositories like GIT (or similar) and automation of configuration management tasks
- Identify opportunities for improving day to day practices for release team members with the goal of delivering service improvements to development and support teams
- Perform the releases in to production environment and engage in pre-production/UAT testing prior to any release, ensure Release processes are followed
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.