This job posting is no longer active
Test Analyst working within the PBB team is responsible for software testing of the one or multiple projects. This includes defining, execution & maintenance of test cases (manual & automated, acceptance, functional & regression).
The Test analyst role will provide hands-on individual contributor role for the test automation strategy & will develop test automation packs within a continuous delivery environment. The test designer will own execution of manual & automation testing & strike the right balance between the two to identify gaps and vulnerabilities.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Personal and Business Banking at Technology Services India division reporting to the Test Manager.
This requirement primarily belongs to - Business process management (BPM), whish is a systematic approach to making an organization's workflow more effective, more efficient and more capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. A business process is an activity or set of activities that will accomplish a specific organizational goal. Business Processes can be chained together to deliver consistently repeatable user and customer experiences across the enterprise.
Technology Services India develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus.
As Test Analyst, you will be required to:
- Keeping serving customers in mind, provide testing hands-on individual contributor role, lead by example
- Experience in adapting to testing processes and provide inputs for test process improvements
- Primary responsibility will be to understand the requirements, work on the test planning and estimation with team lead, develop/review test cases/conditions, log defects and provide regular updates to the Lead/Managers.
- Record defects using defect tracking tools and manage it’s resolution
- Report progress/issues to Lead/Manager
- Publish Status Reports
- Draft Test Exit reports
- Engaging with business to understand and prioritise the testing requirements and Acceptance Criteria.
Skills you need
- 5-8 years of experience in manual & automation testing Client/Server, Web & SOA applications and test planning across various cycles of SDLC (SIT, UAT)
- Hands-on experience in writing, execution & maintenance of test cases (manual & automated; acceptance, functional & regression)
- Strong experience of testing processes & producing test reports
- Strong understanding of at least one Test Automation Tool - QTP, Fitnesse, Selenium, Rational Robot
- Comfortable with defect tracking tools (such as JIRA, Bugzilla etc.) & strong understanding of defect lifecycle
- Should be conversant with databases (Oracle/ SQL Server / MySQL) & writing SQL queries
- Experience with UNIX platform, shell scripting is a must
- Proficient in Agile methodology
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.