Head of Technology Operations Risk - 6 month FTC
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Edinburgh as Head of Technology Operations Risk
- For a knowledgeable risk management leader, this is an excellent opportunity to join us as Head of Technology Operations Risk
- Joining the Technology Controls team, you'll be working with Technology colleagues and other stakeholders to help deliver reliable technology which serves our customers well
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile and build your network within the Technology community and
- We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your wellbeing and professional development, which is why we offer a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for embedding the risk management framework and approach in Technology Operations that ensures our customers' needs are central to decision making.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Making sure that adequate controls are in place by ensuring regular assurance testing programmes are carried out
- Providing coaching and feedback to senior leaders relating to their management of risk and use of the framework
- Building effective working relationships across Technology Controls teams, sharing information and working together to deliver strong customer service outcomes
- Developing the quality of the output from risk assessments for operations to contribute to the Technology risk profile and risk decision making
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a knowledgeable risk management leader with experience of developing and implementing effective risk management approaches. You'll come from a regulatory environment, and have experience of working in a technology environment, preferably within Financial Services.
You'll also need to have:
- The ability to operate and influence at an executive level and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience of risk management and risk control at a technical and operational level
- The ability to translate risk terminology in a simple, meaningful and powerful way
- The ability to identify industry trends and best practice and incorporate it into current practice
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.