Analyst (Specialism) - Websphere
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in providing a guaranteed 2nd and 3rd level support service to Implementation Delivery areas for all WebSphere related incidents in the event of failure or other subsystem-related problems, a position as Analyst – WebSphere Admin is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for exploiting existing WebSphere features where business benefit can be gained and work in conjunction with Technology strategy teams to exploit future WebSphere features.
To qualify for this role, you need to have in-depth experience/knowledge in WebSphere large and complex support environment.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the IP Technical resourcing at Infrastructure Projects reporting to Manager.
As Analyst – WebSphere Admin, you will be required to:
- Facilitate the implementation of WebSphere application infrastructure into the production environment with minimum risk and loss of availability; develop and maintain operational documentation
- Assist in providing the Technical Design Authority function; provide general advice, guidance and consultancy on aspects of application design, as required by the application development team
- Provide a WebSphere test/development infrastructure capability for new project deployment and provide a re-active support service (help desk) for these environments; provide education and transfer of skills to Technology staff for WebSphere related matters
- Participate in the evaluation of all third party WebSphere software to be used within the production and development environments; assist in developing and maintaining a set of approved standards, guidelines, procedures and policies that define how WebSphere should be used within the bank
- Act as a single point of contact for Project Managers where allocated as a representative of the WebSphere Projects team
Skills you need
- Skills in WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server (IHS) (All versions)
- Skills in BPM; WSRR; Portal; Process Server; Decision Manager and Business Monitor
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM); experience of DevOps Tools and Methodologies
- Proven success in delivery of high quality, cost effective infrastructure services in a complex, high availability environment
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.