Associate, F&RS, US
This job posting is no longer active
Purpose of Role:
Part of the US team responsible for originating Financing and Risk Solutions business including acquisition financing, IG and HY DCM, FX and Rates.
What does this role holder do?
- Cover a select set of clients with senior professionals with a focus towards monetizing debt capital markets, FX and Rates opportunities.
- Actively monitor industry and company specific developments with an ability to identify business opportunities
- Model scenarios incorporating business knowledge with the goal of providing advise to clients
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Support and maintain a robust risk control environment
- Work with internal partner areas (eg. Traders, Sales, Credit, Operations, Relationship Management) to ensure Bank resources and the client relationship are optimized at all times
- Ensure that activities are within guidelines and policies, covering (but not exclusive to) market, operational, credit, conduct and regulatory risks
- Undertake periodic business related projects to assist in the analysis and development of the business
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role?
The successful candidate will have experience in an industry sector team or corporate advisory team at an investment bank. The candidate will have worked on at least one sell side or buy side mandate and gained exposure to acquisition finance structuring.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in investment banking.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong team ethic –an ability to work under pressure and desire to help build a business.
- Experience across IG and HY companies and in acquisition financing situations
- High proficiency in MS Office suite – Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
- Series 79, 7, 63 licenses preferred.