Application Support Analyst
This job posting is no longer active
A support analyst is required to give technical direction to the Application Support team and ensure availability of applications as per agreed SLAs, taking a lead in solving issues and restoring application availability during all incidents/problems, developing processes to monitor risks and resolve issues. The tech lead is expected to
- To ensure applications are fully compliant by reviewing processes and security compliance as mandated by standards.
- To build a satisfied customer base by timely response to complex user queries through prompt and effective communication.
- To fulfil business continuity requirements by driving and implementing disaster recovery exercises.
- Primarily work in standard Application Management shift (UK Shift) or as per requirement & operating model
- Manage production incidents and problems, responsible for timely escalation of issues that need attention from other stakeholders, contribute to recovery events as well as resource planning for incident recoveries.
- Participate in design reviews of new projects
- To ensure that operational aspects of supported applications are included in architectural standards
- Promotes interaction with the development teams to ensure healthy relationships are developed
What the Business Does
RBS is a global bank, head quartered in the UK.
Application Support team provides 24X7 support to the production environment and ensure that the applications are available as per the SLA.
In addition, they are involved with the project teams during the development phase to ensure that the applications are supportable and maintainable in future.
They also get involved in risk management and audits.
- A technical support Analyst role in an application support function.
- Able to analyse production problems and provide solutions.
- Contribute in all critical production issue recoveries.
- Analyse and engineer changes on production systems and participate in task forces where required to improve service quality.
- Knowledgeable about change management.
- Participate in design reviews of new projects.
- Works hand in hand with the support lead/ technical lead and owns responsibility of the work being assigned.
- Continually works on improving technology skill level of self.
- Inputs to the development teams on design to ensure application supportability are prioritized.
- Analysis and delivery of periodic changes to production systems to improve efficiency.
- Assist with testing activities and provide Documentation for testing activities.
- Normal office working hours starting from Midday India time to late evening India time.
- Ability to work in 24 x 7 support model. This is not a shift job but candidate should be ready to work from home during odd hours and flexible on the timings.
Skills you need
Minimum 4 years of experience in either production support or enhancement projects with specific focus on banking domain. Minimum experience of 4 years in an application production support environment
- Must have excellent knowledge of mainframe/offhost technologies like Java or .Net/ESB/SharePoint or Unix & Oracle.
- Must have very good understanding of online and batch production support
- Excellent attitude towards learning and application of technology
- Good spoken and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with International clients independently, effectively
- Pro-active and capable of taking ownership of applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and innovative approach to finding resolutions
- Proven ability to share knowledge with other team members via a formal mentoring
- Ability to drive technology change within the department
- Must be knowledgeable about incident management tools and recovery management procedures
- Must have understanding of audit, risk and compliance requirement from production support perspective
- ITIL Level 1
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.