This job posting is no longer active
Test Analyst will work as part of the Core Banking & Payments team and will be assigned with one or more projects where he/she need to start from high level scoping, estimation, preparing Test scripts, contribute to Test Plan, drive the test execution and reporting the testing outcome.
Test Analyst needs to own and deliver the end to end functional test design and scripting by liaising with stakeholders (Business, Technology Services UK, Technology Services India, Infrastructure team, global vendor, 3rd party product supplier, downstream/other impacted platform and program office).
What the Business Does
Core Banking & Payments function within Services brings together all payments activity across the bank into a single unit responsible for all strategic investment decisions, as well as control and oversight of the delivery of all RBS payments systems and services. Within Payments we're developing a professional payments capability as well as a reliable technical infrastructure that will help the bank as it builds our customers' confidence and trust in us.
Work with business and technology managers (in UK and India) as required, to identify business requirements and scope of functional testing.
- Ensure the completion of the analysis of business requirements, including the definition of requirements, estimates for scripting, documentation, test data and test executions.
- Contribute to Testing Strategy and Test plans.
- Design, develop, and execute test scripts which validate, to a high degree of confidence, test cases defined within the project’s test plan.
- Demonstrate experience with exploratory testing, not just working to test plans.
- Coordinate with respective test manager, development teams, business analysts and infrastructure teams for defect resolution as appropriate.
- Ability to triage failures, identify root-cause, and define corrective actions
- Ensures the test execution results fulfil the defined test objectives.
- A knowledge of testing within an Agile development environment
Skills you need
- Must have a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree and minimum 4+ years of functional testing experience in mainframe testing.
- Experience with SQL programming and database technologies.
- Experience on HP Quality Center/ALM tool is a must.
- Testing Concepts in Agile Development
- Must be a fast learner and able to work under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Mainframe and DB2 concepts; web services / SOA (Service Oriented Architecture); well-versed with the different testing methodologies/ database testing techniques and is capable of using the same as per the need of the project
- Test Automation experience of Selenium, QTP, RIT or any other test automation tool will be an advantage.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.