Agile Product Owner
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Jersey as an Agile Product Owner for RBS International
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the eQ Next Generation Programme, delivering a market-leading digital proposition, during an exciting time of growth for RBSI
- You'll be working with innovative technology and responsive customer focused design, managed and delivered via Agile and Scrum techniques
- You'll maintain and refine the delivery team Backlog ensuring value is attached to each item and negotiate priorities between stakeholder interests in order to shape the delivery flightpath to meet Business Case outcomes
What you'll do
The eQ electronic banking platform is RBS International's digital platform for Corporate and Markets customers, providing an enriched proposition via services such as Money Market Deposits, FX Trading, Cash Management and International Banking services. You'll be co-located with the Delivery team and responsible for maximising the value of what is delivered and the resulting return on investment, ensuring that the customer vision is translated to delivery goals based on business value.
Day-to-day in your role, you'll be:
- Serving as an interface between the delivery team and other stakeholders, making sure that the vision of the product is communicated to the delivery team
- Validating delivery solutions, and making sure the quality is acceptable from the end-users’ point of view
- Making sure that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all stakeholders, providing a single source of truth for the features to be delivered within a Programme
- Accountable for defining Sprint goals and Sprint content for the delivery team via prioritised User Stories and Epics, inspecting product progress at the end of every sprint
- Sourcing and facilitating subject matter expert knowledge essential for defining requirements
- Maintaining and refining the delivery team Backlog and actively contributing to daily scrums, retrospectives, refinement and review meetings
The skills you'll need
You'll be able to draw on your experience of agile software frameworks for managing product development, and pair it with your ability to motivate, collaborate and actively engage others. While it isn't essential, knowledge of eQ would be desirable.
We're also looking for:
- Assertive stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Influencing skills, with the ability to view the impact of issues from a wider or macro perspective
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to have the right to both live and work on Jersey, and be registered as ‘Entitled’ or ‘Entitled to work’ residential status.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.