This job posting is no longer active
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Job Location: Gurugram
If your expertise and desire lies in supporting the delivery of key strategic programmes then this position as Technical Specialist is ideal for you. In this role, you will lead the technical delivery of large complex programmes, engage with key stakeholders: Designers; Project SMEs; Programme Management; Business Stakeholders: and assure the ‘journey to live’ providing valuable direction to test and implementation strategies.
To qualify for this role, you will have experience across a number of Core Banking & Payment Systems applications, have a strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions, be an excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal) and be able to lead and drive the Impact Assessment process.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Core Banking & Payment Systems Strategic Projects function reporting to the Head of Delivery Assurance and be aligned with one or more Strategic Programmes.
Core Banking & Payment Systems consist of various platforms which are responsible for maintaining the critical core banking applications. This area is on an exciting journey with focus not only on key mandatory programmes of work but also on adopting new innovative delivery tools & techniques with an aim to achieve more efficiency & faster delivery timelines.
As a Technical Specialist you will be required to:
- Translate business concepts into technology solutions working with Business SME’s, Business Analysts, E2E Designer, Strategy & Architecture, and platform SME’s
- Lead technical aspects of scoping, sizing and costing across multiple technology platforms and departments to obtain a consistent technology input into the programme business case
- Assist the programme manager to develop realistic and doable programme delivery plans
- Structure a logical approach to the Functional and Application Design, providing the framework within which all platform and business SME’s will deliver these key documents
- Create a strong working relationship between the central programme and platform teams, facilitating design discussions and establish and lead a cross-programme design forum as appropriate
- Provide programme technical input into the test and implementation strategies
- Oversee the translation of test strategies into comprehensive programme test plans for all types of testing
- Ensure appropriate test coverage which is in-line with programme risk appetite
- Provide oversight to test environment selection and provisioning
- Provide technical expertise into E2E programme implementation schedule of events and support the SOE consolidation across multiple platforms
- Provide technical oversight of the implementation event from gaining implementation approval to the execution of the implementation event(s)
- Provide technical input into all programme level risks and issues throughout the programme lifecycle
- Maintain technical oversight of all possible dependencies through all phases of the programme lifecycle
- Keep abreast of test defects, highlight implications to design, test and implementation deliveries
Skills you need
We're looking for someone with experience of end-to-end project lifecycle development in large, complex, high-profile programmes. You'll have worked in a role where delivery assurance, collaboration and influencing across a wide-ranging group of stakeholders are key.
- A minimum of 10 years suitable experience, including involvement in E2E design and delivery activities
- Design and own assurance activities within Strategic Programmes
- Understand the E2E architecture of applications in scope of programme of work
- Ensure Impact Assessment of requirements/changes considers all aspects of delivery, including test, implementation and environment
- Review design artefacts assuring requirements coverage and adherence to HLD
- Review complex testing scenarios and provide any required guidance to testing, UAT or platform teams
- Provide recommendations on test and implementation approaches to support the successful delivery of the Strategic programme
- Identify any key design/testing/implementation risks/assumption/issues and highlight it to senior management
- Drive discussions in case of a design or delivery conflict adhering to laid down agreed principles
- Monitor test execution, providing guidance and options on defect management
- Represent the programme to key steering groups/PIBs, TLF, while also ensuring key messages are cascaded back to platforms
You'll also have:
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiating skills
- The ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced pressured environment
- Astute attention to detail
- Experience in mainframe technologies, COBOL, CICS, DB2
- Knowledge of off-host technologies, Java, .NET, WAS, however these are not mandatory
- A working knowledge of
- Project methodologies
- Project toolsets - so Planview & Oracle
- Change Management processes, including use of INFOMAN/ServiceNow and Endevor
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development is first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.