This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Edinburgh as a Web Developer
- In this highly visible role, you'll be working with cutting edge technology and contributing to apps, tools and servers that will in turn benefit all of our customer facing staff
- Joining our multi award-winning team, you'll be perfectly positioned to have a genuine business impact
- This is an autonomous and flexible role, and one in which you'll have the opportunity to significantly develop your specialist skills
What you'll do
As a Web Developer, you'll help us to build innovative software that actively manages the performance of over 15,000 staff across the bank, using intelligent systems to recommend actions and recognise success. You'll utilise agile software development using both scrum and Kanban to quickly deliver features to our end users, and you'll work as part of our high performing design and development team, switching between feature teams as project demand requires.
As well as this, you'll:
- Deliver well-crafted and quality software
- Support and improve the existing code base
- Monitor error logs and query timings
- Deliver highly engaging and interactive web front-ends and middle-tier business logic components
- Actively seek feedback
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a creative thinker and problem solver who works well individually or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. You'll need to be an intelligent and pragmatic programmer, with a strong passion for technology. Your main skills and experience will ideally include:
- A good understanding of web development, n-tier application architecture, frameworks such as ORMs (nHibernate/Entity Framework), and dependency injection (Spring/Autofac)
- Programming experience in C# / VB.NET or any other OO language
- The ability to write clean, maintainable code, using standard design patterns to good effect
- Knowledge of modern design and UX trends and strong Adobe Photoshop skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.