Senior Solutions Designer
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Senior Solutions Designer
- We're looking for a Senior Solutions Designer who has significant expertise and experience building high level design solutions to join our growing Design team within Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Services
- With a creative approach, you'll deliver innovative solution designs, as well as scoping and designing major change projects
- In this newly created role, you'll have the ability to make a real impact through influencing and delivering transformational change
What you'll do
Core to the Design team, you'll be responsible for high level solution designs and managing complex technical programmes. By collaborating with the Heads of Technical Design, you'll translate the business strategy into transition stages over a multiple year period to design end to end customer focused solutions. You'll scope and design major change projects, review ongoing designs during the programme lifecycle and resolve issues that arise.
The current priority is working on our Customer Relationship Management programme and your role will be to drive its technical roadmap and strategy.
In this role you will:
- Define and deliver complex business and technical architecture and designs to improve processes, while influencing senior stakeholders and sponsors to realise design outputs and customer outcomes
- Work on a variety of projects, from focused programme initiations to broader designs for businesses, products or customers, to provide high level application and data solution designs
- Work with Design Leads, assigning them tasks to ensure projects are delivered within strict time frames
- Deliver Business Technology strategies, targets and roadmaps to meet programme business requirements
- Be establishing good connections with design stakeholders across the bank, making sure solution designs and roadmaps are aligned with bank-wide business, technical and data design plans, and deliver impactful transformation changes
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and associated integration patterns into enterprise architecture.
You'll also have a strong end-to-end design background and experience of building new solutions and patterns. You'll be able to develop technical architectures and design, and have expertise either in technology to undertake and lead design tasks. Influencing skills are key, as you'll support and build great working relationships with senior management. You'll be able to translate technical information of underlying systems and applications into a language suitable for your audience, to support their understanding.
We're also looking for experience in leading the design for the CRM programme, and you should be able to demonstrate design leadership experience in the CRM domain, preferably using Microsoft Dyamics
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.