This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Tech Specialist, and be responsible of managing of RBS Core ledger
What the Business does
This role is required to provide central leadership to Finance Accounting Technology RGL Platform team to Deliver technical and business architecture for all platform needs.
The role needs to understand the finance business and its future roadmap and come up with technical architecture that suits future needs.
Ledger Transformation team will build the ledger platform by fully populating the ledger and associated Trade/Contract store with a complete data set when it will replace Walker as the books and record of the bank. This moves the organisation towards the target of implementing a single Group-wide control ledger data store with the associated operating model alterations
As a Tech Specialist your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand Ledger capability (Platform, Skills, Domain Expertise, etc.), focusing on current and future business requirements, and lead in addressing technical architectural gaps.
- Accountable for the design and implementation of RGL architectural control throughout Finance Technology RGL platform and where applicable practice that supports the technology capability strategy
- Work closely with global architecture teams and represents RGL in global architecture forums
- Accountable for the RGL architecture which is in line with overall Finance vision.
- Accountable for data modelling from e2e RGL perspective.
- Work with key partners such as Finance Change, Finance, GFS and SALCOE
- Own the strategic road map, delivering to the business & technology change drivers.
- Ensure appropriate Governance and control is in place including the aspects of LTO compliance, Capacity management, Monitoring and business continuity provisions.
- Reinforce continuous process improvements & focus on adoptions of recommended Tools, Technology and sharing Best Practices to drive synergies across suite of products.
- Define and execute against cost efficiency initiatives and reduction of technical debt with their products
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
12+ years of IT experience with minimum 4+ years of hands on Experience in leading / managing Large and complex finance architecture
Must have experience in data modelling and related tools
Banking domain knowledge
Strong Oracle Financials
Well versed with Data Warehouse / ETL concepts and best practices, and testing techniques
Experience of working in large and geographically distributed teams
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Strong team player; capable of multi-tasking, and willing to shift priorities to meet business needs
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.