Senior Software Designer (.Net)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in developing .NET technologies and applications, a position as Senior Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the delivery team to architect, design and develop technical solution that fulfil business requirements by adhering to agile best practices.
To qualify for this role, you need to have extensive experience in development in Microsoft technologies.
What the Business Does
This role is based in TMOSS at Technology India reporting to the Development Manager.
TMOSS stands for Transaction Management, Operations and Shared Services. It comprises of several applications/services responsible for operations, middle office (affirmation/confirmation/reconciliation) and settlements activities. Many of the common data services/reporting applications are also part of this group. The team provides a suite of applications that enable Bank’s desk strategists to author, publish and distribute Research notes to Clients and 3rd party channels like Bloomberg, Blackrock, Thomson Reuters.
Technology India designs, builds, implements and supports global technology services for the bank. This includes application builds, testing, deployment, on-going IT Infrastructure support and a broad range of Keeping the Show on the Road (KSOR) activities. It is a key strategic element of the global technology function, enabling the bank to deliver 24/7 services to customers. The team also provides technology needs to the bank’s local businesses.
As Senior Software Designer, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing the requirements and create low level design document
- Developing, debugging, coding and unit testing the requirement according to architecture principles
- Reviewing the unit test plans and results and resolving the technical problems of varying degree of complexity
- Assisting technical team with technical details and decision
- Ensuring code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability
- Adopt work culture in Agile development using Scrum methodology, participate and strive towards continuous improvement
Skills you need
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, Multi-threading and SQL Server & performance tuning
- Experience in Entity Framework, UnitOfWork, Web AI and Web Services
- Knowledge of dependency injection & IOC framework, REST, Teamcity and MS build
- Team Player with focus on delivery and customer service
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.