Senior Support Professional (Production Support)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in UNIX, SQL and providing production support especially for Java applications, a position as Senior Support Professional is ideal for you. In this role, you will be ensuring all service level agreements are met for user requests and that checks are undertaken on systems to confirm business availability.
To qualify for this role, you need to have 7+ years of extensive prior experience in providing technical support with hands-on support of Java based applications.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Middle Office technology production support team at TMOSS reporting to the Support Lead.
Technology India designs, builds, implements and supports global technology services for the bank. This includes application builds, testing, deployment, on-going IT Infrastructure support and a broad range of Keeping the Show on the Road (KSOR) activities. It is a key strategic element of the global technology function, enabling the bank to deliver 24/7 services to customers. The team also provides technology needs to the bank’s local businesses.
Middle Office technology production support team provides second line support for Affirmations & Confirmations and regulatory reporting applications within the TMOSS area. Candidate would be required to provide first hand application support to the business and to the associated support function teams with strong team and stakeholder management skills.
As Senior Support Professional, you will be required to:
- Carry out regular operational checks for all key systems to ensure that scheduled processes complete successfully and in a timely manner. Perform recovery actions as necessary
- Manage system incidents providing timely escalation/recovery actions and management communication, document all incidents and produce/contribute to the production of regular management reporting
- Provide out of hours support as well as take part in Disaster Recovery tests weekends
- Take initiative and provide solutions to complex problems, document all solutions and share information across the TMO Tech teams and all stakeholders
Skills you need
- Knowledge of relational databases, UNIX, shell scripting, PL/SQL, Java, Java Springs, Hibernate, XML
- Working knowledge of application servers like Tomcat, Jboss, strong understanding of Incident and change management skills within a large organization, creation of stored procedures (at least proficient in one Database) for generation of reports and support tasks
- Strong focus on continuous improvement targeting 10% YoY cost saving, proficient in supporting mission & time critical applications
- Good knowledge of the various support processes (ITIL), proven analytical skills and the ability to effectively liaise with stakeholders and externally to TMOSS Technology
- Must have hands-on experience in providing support in FX, Rates, Fixed Income, Credit, and must have worked on Investment Banking Domain and good understanding of trade life cycle
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.