This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Project Manager and you will be responsible for managing a suite of Supervisory projects that are used Bankwide and mostly by front office team for control activities.
Key traits would be around planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling the project in order to deliver required quality business solutions within agreed timescales and budget. The individual should have managed a full project life cycle from feasibility through to implementation. The role will be required to define the scope of the project/service, manage goals, risks, issues, resources and ensure a QA process is applied throughout the project lifecycle. Ensure there is full end-to-end ownership for the business solutions and liaise with other business and technology teams as required for solution design, planning, development and testing and release management.
This individual is responsible for maintaining excellent business stakeholder relationship and also ensuring that project delivery is done in an effective and efficient manner. The PM will also act as Line/Functional Manager for Technology Change team comprising mainly of Business Analysts.
What the Business does
Supervisory Technology comprises of tools and applications that allows diverse user base to maintain and track the employee data. Over past 18 months the Product set has changed and the focus is on functional enrichment to address Supervisory Reg and Control agenda.
Some of the applications that fall under the Supervisory landscape :-
Market Console Control Programme is a 3-4 year strategic investment within MCT and the key business outcomes for the Markets Control Remediation Programme (MCRP) are to provide global solutions for Markets’ Trading that address:
1) Critical Control Issues
- Remediate weaknesses in the entire Front to Back environment, preventing unauthorised trading.
- Implement controls that identify unauthorised trading.
- Provide the ability to identify trends and behaviours that could lead to opportunities for unauthorised trading.
- Closure of issues & SONARs that have been identified through internal control initiatives (CONA, Emmental, GIA) and external regulatory bodies (FED, FSA, FINMA, HKMA).
2) The implementation of a robust Controls Framework
- Places us in line with regulators expectations
- Provide standards and the environments for the Markets Trading organisation to adhere to
3) A roadmap to achieving industry Upper Quartile
- Ensure that the work being carried out in the programme places us on the Upper Quartile of our industry
Electronic Communication Database comprise of tools and applications that allows diverse user base to maintain and track the employee data.
Supervisory support team forms part banks control system. We provide high end support to our customers and business stakeholders. The main work stream is to give application support with keeping our infrastructure up and running and always ready for business. Following ITIL processes for production stability and better customer experience.
As a Project Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the completion of the analysis of business requirements, including the definition of requirements scope, solution design, plan, timescales and costs.
- Work with senior business and technology managers (in UK and India) as required, to identify business requirements and the associated business case for development projects.
- Communicating with customers, developers and other internal IT teams, and be able to articulate between the requirements and the technical solution.
- Manage a team of Business Analysts to deliver the projects, in accordance with agreed specification, design, plan, timescales and cost.
- Forecast and track projects to keep the budget and cost below estimate, and should be able to predict and manage risks efficiently and manage Issues (including problem analysis and generation of solutions);
- Forecast project budget and tracking/managing the spend against the plan.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Minimum 12+ years of IT experience and Experience in working in large and geographically dispersed teams
- E2E project delivery experience with exposure to large size project deliveries
- Experience of waterfall and agile methodologies
- Project Governance: establish a robust governance structure that allows coverage of key governance functions (e.g. escalation path, review of business case) and provides transparent reports on project progress, risks and issues at the required intervals.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural, off shore /onsite environment
- Experience in managing complex distributed application using .Net .
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.