This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Edinburgh as an Application Architect
- Joining our Digital arena within Personal & Business Banking (PBB), you'll enjoy working with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative environment
- You'll provide guidance and motivation for a team of Digital Technology System Architects, undertaking end-to-end digital design and engineering activities across all design phases
- We'll look to you to define, refine and promote the digital strategy, providing clear insights into how technology can help support its delivery
- This is a leadership role in which you'll make a significant contribution to the delivery of world class digital solutions that help people across the entire business
What you'll do
As Application Architect, you'll lead the delivery of digital technology designs from conceptual to physical design, and support delivery of bank wide capability applying a broad range of technology expertise. You'll manage your team of Systems Architects, and you'll build maturity of understanding across the PBB Digital technology design community around methods, tools, processes and capabilities which enable us to deliver world class digital solutions for our customers.
As well as this, you'll be responsible for:
- Building appropriate technical capability required to support our business plans, keeping pace with industry trends and driving innovation in design
- Identifying the risks associated with technical change, and defining appropriate mitigations to ensure delivery to the required quality, time and cost criteria
- Driving collaborative working, actively identifying and managing stakeholders and using centres of excellence and communities of practice to help improve information sharing and ways of working
- Providing timely reporting on status of work, risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions likely to impact delivery
- Acting as a Digital technology champion to support shaping and high level analysis, presenting options, clear consideration and proposed decisions
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone highly technical with some business related design experience. Along with extensive experience using design frameworks and taxonomies, you'll have a clear understanding of object orientated specifications and be able to demonstrate delivery aligned to a strategy. You'll demonstrate strong leadership skills and as you'll be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, you'll need excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical concepts.
With a background in driving digital solution architecture, design and development within a large scale transactional organisation, you'll have a very broad understanding of solution architectures, preferably J2EE. You'll also be able to demonstrate a level of specialist knowledge around solution design, ideally covering security, digital experience management, channel, device, process, SOA, data, development, and infrastructure.
You'll also need:
- A high level of expertise in object orientated analysis and design
- An understanding of UML specifications
- Experience of business process management (ideally IBM BPM v8.5+)
- Experience of DEVOPs tools, and the ability to describe the use of tools in design activities and deliverables
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.