Lead Software Designer (Java)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in Enterprise/Design Patterns along with Big Data and Java, a position as AVP is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for improving the overall architecture and design of product.
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least 9 years of overall IT experience in Java development
What the Business Does
This role is based in the ODC team at Trading Services division reporting to the Development Manager.
Trading Services division supports trading applications with the services required by them. The trade data services are provided by a product called ODC (Operational Data Cache). ODC represents a central store of all trade data within the bank along with the feed processing and validation logic needed to ensure that all data is of the utmost quality.
As a technology ODC is cutting edge with the team being considered one of the strongest technical teams in the bank. The current store is built with Oracle Coherence and has no synchronous coupling to a traditional database (A full description of the innovative aspects can be found in a presentation given at QCon London).
As AVP, you will be required to:
- Implement best strategies for development process improvement from time to time, responsible for setting coding standards and guidelines.
- Resolve technical issues & help production support to ensure, continuously update to knowledge-base with documentation – diagrams/ processes/ flows/ algorithms
- Facilitate resolution/escalation of developer’s concerns or issues, mentor team members and help them in their career development
- Work with developers to resolve their technical issues & mentor them, work with QA Lead/Manager to improve test plan
- Report work status to project manager, identify and suggest areas for test automation
Skills you need
- Hands-on experience in Oracle Coherence/Mongo DB/ (any other NoSQL Database)
- Exposure to Distributed technologies, ORACLE/Sybase IQ, JSP, JSF and Servlets, Java Script, and AJAX
- Knowledge of XML - JAXB, JAXP, DOM, XSLT and JDBC, SQL
- J2EE application servers JBoss/ Weblogic / Websphere – experience with JBoss is preferred
- Working knowledge of industry standard design patterns, build tools – Ant/ Gradle/ Maven
- Exposure to SOA, ESB and messaging solutions, experience of working as part of a full project cycle
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.