Business Management Manager
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Business Management Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- Providing your integral support to the leadership team Technology Controls, you'll be working on bank-wide initiatives, achieving excellent exposure with us
- You'll look at ways the team can be more efficient, and we'll look to you to smooth out processes, using your excellent communication skills
- We're looking for a proactive, organised professional who is looking to really make their mark in a role with us
What you'll do
We'll look to you to deliver effective support to the Leadership team, and business areas they work with, and you'll undertake the execution of key business and people processes and requirements on behalf of the business leader and the function they support.
You'll undertake the planning and execution of projects and participation in bank-wide initiatives on behalf of business area.
We'll look to you to:
- Manage the relevant office, ensuring all actions are completed within timescales
- Act as Secretariat for leadership and governance meetings, managing agendas and actions ensuring proper governance is followed
- Manage correspondence of a highly confidential nature
- Co-ordinate the delivery of key pieces of work that sit across multiple areas of the team
- Draft and review ExCo and other relevant forum papers as appropriate
- Review relevant MI providing ad-hoc analysis of data when required, and co-ordinate local pay process and enter data into OPRA
- Own the accountability review and relevant compliance process and timelines on behalf of business leader
- Apply HR approvals ensuring compliance to relevant governance frameworks
- Manage ad-hoc projects where required on behalf of the business leader, and update Insite and basic core web security management
- Track and manage spend and budgets
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need:
- Experience of working in a leadership support or business management role
- Knowledge of basic budget management and tracking
- Experience of working with and effectively influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of executing and managing key administrative processes
- Knowledge of customer business, key services and how it interacts with the rest of the bank
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisation skills with the ability to exercise strict discretion
Ideally, you'll have experience in a similar role, or you'll have a project manager background. Some knowledge of Controls would also be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.