Software Engineer (Java)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in contributing individually in a high performing technology team developing end to end solutions, a position as Software Engineer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for enhancing and configuring Glacier to serve the middle office and settlements business processes along with meeting various regulatory and mandatory changes.
To qualify for this role, you need to have strong prior experience of 3+ years in Core JAVA, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate and Web Service based development teams.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the CIB Technology at TMOSS reporting to the Development Manager.
CIB Technology develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus. It builds the platform for growth that will sustain us as a leading global banking and financial markets business by performing robust testing activities like business requirements understanding, preparation of test suites and execution during SIT and UAT. It also provides robust applications and services that are stable in the face of increased change and growth while continuously improving the quality and appropriateness of those services.
As Software Engineer, you will be required to:
- Use agile methodology to provide technical solutions to the functional requirements provided by globally located teams
- Ensure optimum performance and stability of the code developed and deployed
- Perform analysis, estimation, development, testing and documentation for all assigned development tasks
- Take ownership of issues through to issue resolution or escalation, as appropriate
- Code optimization, performance tuning, demonstrations to QA, BA teams, builds and deployments
- Ownership of Change process – raise Prod Change requests, follow up for approvals, maintenance of release and config plans
- Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams
Skills you need
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Tech/Electronics or MCA from reputed University/College
- Hands-on development experience in Core Java, SQL, ANT/MAVEN, UNIX SVN and Eclipse
- Excellent knowledge of OOPS and Multi-threading
- Understanding of client-server architecture and important Design Patterns
- Logical mind with keen analytical skills, clear and concise communicator, in both written and verbal
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.