RBS CIB Technology – CFT | Test Designer, Associate (Manual Testing)
This job posting is no longer active
From our headquarters in Edinburgh, RBS serves over 24 million customers in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Asia. RBS Global Hub India is critical in helping RBS become the number 1 bank for customer service, trust and advocacy. Here in India, we support our client-facing businesses and divisions, providing secure, reliable and efficient services to customers wherever they are in the world.
RBS BSPL has been named Best Employer in India 2013, as per the Aon Hewitt Best Employers Study. We are an equal opportunity employer, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
India based development teams within Currencies, Futures & Prime Technology (CFPT) India are responsible for understanding global business requirements, writing technical specification, designing and delivering an optimal solution to business.
India teams work alongside similar teams in the London as well as smaller teams elsewhere in Asia, collaborating as an extended team within a distributed development model.
Front office teams develop and enhance applications that support the trading activities of the investment bank across product areas such as currencies, fixed income and capital markets.
The Specialist Area
Automation Developer to work in CFT will be responsible for developing automated solutions for providing Quality Assurance for application(s), validating business workflows and functional requirements. This role will require tester to liaise with Product Owners, Business and Technology teams for managing delivery from testing through to release.
- Identifying & Creating test scenarios as per the business requirements
- Producing low level test cases (test steps) and test data by analyzing medium complexity business or functional requirements.
- Identifying & creating test data as required
- Participating in test case review sessions
- Executing medium to high complex test cases
- Taking ownership for one area / module / functionally to get it tested completely
- Ensuring that testing process and tools are used while testing the system from functional as well as non-functional perspective against agreed specifications
- Enhancing /updating the test cases and keeping them up to date
- Identifying and reporting bugs through the agreed process and tool. Attaching all necessary artefacts to the defects like test data, screen shots etc
- Follow up defects for faster closure
- Ensuring that the traceability matrix is updated for the project / deliverable proactively
- Planning daily tasks with little oversight from the test lead / manager
- Creating test automation scripts using agreed test automation framework and updates them for automation testers only)
- Given project is very critical for the bank, we need people who are very passionate and willing to be part of this intense journey
Essential Experience: (Must have)
- Experience in writing detailed, structured test cases using best practice design principles
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience of manual and database testing throughout full development lifecycle
- Financial Services background
- Good skills in MS-Office, in particular working with excel macros etc
Supplementary Experience: (Good to have)
- Exposure to test management and automation tools, such as Quality Centre, Quick Test Pro, Selenium, Fitnesse etc.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Sound written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative and providing leadership when needed
- Flexible approach to work commitments
- Should be aware of Industry best practices
Engineer Graduate / Post Graduate
At RBS, Your Reward doesn’t just stop at your monthly salary, it gives you access to a range of benefits that are flexible to your needs. Amongst many choices, you’ll have access to retirement savings plans and healthcare plans. We make it easy to take advantage of the many options available to you. Using RBSelect, you can go online and make changes to the mix of benefits that are best suited to your requirements. It’s Your Reward, your way.