Tech Lead - Modelling
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in Model and Design services and assisting in integration High Level designs, a position as Tech Lead (Modelling) is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for applying data and function modelling techniques to define service interface contracts, driving the enterprise service specification process and when needed, to customize the different service design models (BOM, IDM, TOM, SDM, CDM, CAM).
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least seven years of experience in SOA Modelling which must consist of rich experience in IFW Modelling to be specific.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Integration Servicesreporting to the Project Manager.
As Tech Lead (Modelling), you will be required to:
- Develop Low Level designs that will help development team to implement specifications to meet project requirements, support development for the proposed Integration Architecture and associated service/integration patterns
- Ensure adherence to defined integration architecture, service standards, delivery models; Provide Modelling fitment options during pre-define phase of the work stream; contribute to creation of SOA Modelling standards and guidelines and reusable frameworks for relevant technology platform.
- Provide a view on the suitability/applicability around functional and non-functional requirements of the technology platform to the wider design will fulfil the requirement. Contribute to the SOA Modelling methodology and tooling, helping teams deliver within the project and usage of the available tooling
- Ensure consistency of Modelling usage across a programme, by continuously reviewing existing toolsets and standards, suggesting re-use of components and ensuring the design of new components allows for potential reuse
Skills you need
- Experience in SOA modelling/design practices (Message Schema development, Service decomposition, Interface Design)
- Good understand of SOA modelling/design concepts and standards (SOAP, JSON, WSDL, XSD, XLST, Canonical Messaging Models)
- Good understanding of Integration technologies ( WMB, Process Server, IIB)
- Good understanding of UML, XML and SoaML
- Good understanding of appropriate service programming (e.g. Java, eSQL )
- Experience in SOA modelling/design tooling ( Rational Systems Architect, Rational Team Concert, XMLSpy)
- Experience in SOA modelling/design practices (BOM modelling, Message Schema development, Service decomposition, Interface Design)
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.