Senior Software Designer
This job posting is no longer active
If you are proficient in the utilisation of Oracle Fusion Middleware products, a position as Fusion Middleware DBA is the career choice tailor made for you. In this position, you will work closely with Oracle Fusion Middleware products like EBS, OBIA, DRM, OBIEE, OFSAA, SOA, Web-Centre Portal/Content and IAM to furnish positive results in the Finance Accounting department.
To qualify for this role, you will need experience in financial modeling and accounting and a prior experience in risk management garnered through previous successful projects.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Finance Accounting Technology department reporting to the IST Lead.
There are two large platforms used within Finance Accounting Technology which use the Oracle Fusion Middleware products. The platforms are newly developed and there is a large piece of work to deliver-
- Further business functional changes to support the Ledger Transformation Programme
- Provision of environmental tools to facilitate quicker provision / refresh of environments i.e. Cloning and automated code deployments
- Remediation of Technical Debt and patching / upgrades to bring us up to supported vendor product set
- Address Op Model gaps around Application development, Production Support, and Infrastructure
- Address Release Management gaps and create a robust Release Management process
As Fusion Middleware DBA, your responsibilities will include:
- Installation and support of Fusion Middleware based products SOA, Weblogic and Databases and good to have in any of the two -OBIA, OBIEE, WCP, ODI , OFSAA, DRM
- Managing the appropriate escalation, documentation, and resolution of risks, issues & dependencies
- Providing timely management reporting including clear articulation of progress against plan
- Ensuring that best practice is followed throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Working effectively with the Implementation Department and Finance Accounting Technology teams to deliver against the project plan and ensure that the project objectives are delivered
Skills you need
- 7 to 9 years of experience
- Experienced DBA with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Application performance Tuning skills
- Knowledge of infrastructure components and networking
- Proven track record of delivering to time-based on existing documentation
- Proactive and able to work in a complex and demanding environment
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services, and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether it's retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020.
Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.