Customer Banking Apprenticeship - Manchester
This job posting is no longer active
If you’re looking for a Customer Banking Apprenticeship, join us in Manchester
- Joining our collaborative telephony team, you’ll be taking the first step into a long and fulfilling career
- After a 12 to 18 months with us you’ll move to one of our branches to develop your skills further
- You’ll earn a Level 2 Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship with a Professional Banker Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £18,025, and after a great first year of serving our customers, we’ll put this up to £19,275
What you'll do
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day telephone banking transactions, like paying bills or transferring funds abroad, or offering our customers products and services that are right for them, you’ll be there to help.
- You’ll respond to their changing needs, and use your own expertise to recommend and promote the benefits of the different ways they can bank with us
- By building real connections to understand our customer needs, you’ll find the right solutions for them
- Taking the skills you’ve learnt, you’ll work in one of our nearby branches as an Associate Personal Banker
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain fantastic insight and experience in this role, and you’ll be opening new career opportunities as we’ll support you to achieve your Level 2 in Financial Services Customer Apprenticeship
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be passionate about excelling in customer service and building relationships, and you’ll combine this with:
Great listening skills
- The ability to empathise with your customer’s situation
- The determination to learn and develop new skills
- Strong computer skills
Resolving the complex problems won’t faze you as you’ll have built a fantastic knowledge of our products and services to help answer a range of customer queries.
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 11pm Monday to Sunday. You'll be required to work either a Saturday or a Sunday each week.
Bank holiday working is a feature of this role.
You will need to be fully flexible and able to commit to the full range of opening hours.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are the age of 16 and over. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £18,025, your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.