Tech Lead - Mainframe
This job posting is no longer active
This is a key role for leading and carrying out Techno Functional design and complex analysis activities on Debit Cards Platform.
- The Role brings in a comprehensive Techno functional capability for Debit Cards processing business area.
- The person will play Technical leadership roles for complex programs within the Debit Cards area and help shape business requirements, application designs, testing strategies, platform roadmaps etc.
- Help strategically build & augment the platform technical capability in house, enabling effective support to ongoing and upcoming changes in the platform.
- Expected to demonstrate strong depth in Techno-Functional analysis, solution design experience and have strong experience of delivering IT systems & application for Banking Domain.
- Provide review support for analysis/design deliverables from internal and supplier resources.
The role will be globally recognized as the “go-to” person for the area of specialization and calls for very strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively work with virtual teams.
The key ‘in-scope’ activities of the role are:
- To ensure consistency of technology usage across the platform, by continuously reviewing existing toolsets and code, suggesting re-use of components and ensuring the design of new components allows for potential reuse.
- To provide direction on technology use, by performing research into new technologies, liaising with technology providers (including internal), establishing all processes required for the adoption of any new technologies.
- To continuously improve the technical competency of the platform and/or project team, by establishing relevant training, actively mentoring designers/engineers and driving implementation of best practices and adherence to standards
- To ensure decisions related to own area of responsibility are taken promptly and effectively while displaying a mature understanding of commercial awareness.
To be responsible for hiring technically talented and capable individuals by ensuring thorough interview processes and interviews.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Core Banking & Payment Systems Debit Cards function reporting to the Technical specialist.
Core Banking & Payment Systems consist of various platforms which are responsible for maintaining the critical core banking applications. Debit Cards is one of these areas and is on an exciting journey with focus not only on key mandatory programs of work but also on adopting new innovative delivery tools & techniques with an aim to achieve more efficiency & faster delivery timelines.
As a technical Lead, your key roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Own all design decisions related to the represented technical platform for the project(s) and programme(s).
- Provide thought leadership for using the technology platform within the bank.
- Provide technical design inputs to the overall End to End solution and work independently on technical design of project(s) and programme(s) with significant impact on architecture and design.
- Provide inputs to Programme/Project Manager for project/programme estimates.
- Provide inputs to Programme/Project Manager for preparing and maintaining the development process, practices and standards for the project/programmes.
- Ensure technology platform conforms to technical architectures, platform strategies, policies, design and operational principles.
- Enhance technical competencies of delivery teams by working as a mentor
Key deliverables that will be expected from you are:
- Provide technology platform fitment options during pre-define phase of the work stream
- Contributes to creation of technical standards and guidelines and reusable frameworks for relevant technology platform.
- Architectural POC of solution to identify solution implications.
- Provide a view on the suitability/applicability around functional and non-functional requirements of the technology platform to the wider design will fulfill the requirement. Contribute to the development methodology and tooling, helping teams deliver within the project and usage of the available tooling
- Represents the assigned project in various technical governance forums/bodies for compliance with Technology standards, architectures and strategies.
Skills you need
- The candidate should have 8+ years of IT experience with strong Banking background. Solid technical skills, hands on in COBOL, CICS, Web-services, Batch and DB2 technologies.
- Hands on experience in leading design & build in a similar platform area for at least 2 large implementations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficient in estimation techniques.
- Strong domain knowledge in Banking Systems
- Proven technical depth in Mainframe technologies
- Awareness about architecture frameworks like TOGAF.
- Banking domain knowledge
- Good knowledge of Integration aspects across disparate technology set.
- Knowledge of working in Agile mode of project development
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.