Programme Management Officer
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Edinburgh as a Programme Management Officer
- This governance role will see you developing project and programme structures, and ensuring decisions are made by the right people, based on the right information
- You'll be responsible for preparing annual investment forecasts and budgets, and periodic forecast exercises for multiple programmes
- We'll look to you to ensure the smooth running of the Programme Management Office, and you'll allow the project teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing training, mentoring and quality assurance
- Sitting within Digital & Engineering Services, you'll enjoy a collaborative and engaging culture
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for undertaking several cost management activities, and you'll handle time booking, resource renewals, receipting, reviews of accruals and correct MDR. You'll ensure resource demand is kept up to date in the existing bank-wide tool (PlanView), and you'll assist the Programme Managers by helping to understand requirements of the bank-wide programme framework.
Working alongside the Programme Managers, you'll develop high quality business cases and provide resource and non-resource modelling capability. You'll also need to understand the key artefacts required for an Agile and Waterfall delivery.
As well as this, you'll:
- Carry out quality checks on programme data, taking milestones, outcomes, risks, issues, and dependencies into account
- Drive efficiencies to reduce offline reporting
- Continuously challenge requests for additional reporting
- Support the review of investment resources with Product Owners to ensure all are being funded
- Work effectively with various business partners such as Programme Managers, PMO’s, and Business Managers to ensure the investment programme runs smoothly
The skills you'll need
You'll have excellent analytic and organisation skills, experience of quality assurance, and meticulous attention to detail. Along with strong stakeholder management skills, you'll have the confidence and integrity to influence and challenge your business partners in a productive and positive way.
You'll also have:
- A solid grasp of project and financial management
- Proven people management experience and a desire to develop your team
- A sharp analytic mind set, with great attention to detail and a passion for innovation and problem solving
- The ability to gather and interpret information from a range of sources and in a number of different ways
- A clear and adaptable communication style, with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations and to convey crucial information about project progress and scope to varied business audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills which will enable you to build trusting and productive relationships within the team and with colleagues throughout our business
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.