This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Valuations Analyst to join our growing hub in Warsaw
- If you're fluent in English and passionate about financial markets, join us as a Valuations Analyst
- This is a great opportunity to get in-depth insight into financial instruments that aren't available in the Polish financial market
- You'll also have access to a number of development and learning programmes
What you'll do
Positioned in our wider Product Control function, you'll be responsible for the execution and verification of valuation controls. This will include the revaluation of financial instruments based on independent model inputs and calculation of reserves.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Independent Price Verification for trading portfolio held by London trading desk
- Commentary of IPV results, including confirmation of prices with external data providers and the Front Office
- Calculating Bid Offer reserves, Day 1 reserves and valuation adjustments
- IPV and reserves results reporting to the Front Office and IPV business owners
- Prudential Valuation calculation and reporting
- IPV and reserves methodology verification
- Increasing efficiency by challenging working assumptions used for IPV and reserves calculation
The skills you'll need
Most essentially, you'll need to have fluent written and spoken English and a good understanding of financial products, as well as some insight into valuation models. You'll also need an eagerness to learn coupled with excellent attention to detail, so as to ensure the highest level of finance data accuracy.
You'll also need:
- Good knowledge of derivative financial instruments
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands on Excel knowledge (VBA preferred)
- The ability to think analytically
- An understanding of control environments and the requirements that need to be met for a control to be effective
Experience in a financial organisation linked with capital markets would also be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
If we do offer you a job, we’ll discuss with you how we can help set you up for success – by making adjustments to your working environment if required.