Analyst- Apps Support
This job posting is no longer active
To ensure application availability for business use as per agreed SLAs or requirements and provide solutions for production support for a set of applications based on the Informatica/Teradata platforms.
The Analyst is expected to
- Able to analyse production issues and provide required solutions
- Contribute in all production issue recoveries
- Analyse and engineer changes on production systems and participate in task forces where required to improve service quality
- To build a satisfied customer base by timely response to user queries through prompt and effective communication.
- To fulfil business continuity requirements by actively participating in disaster recovery exercises.
- Knowledgeable about Change Management and ITIL related processes
- Conduct/define training programmes during cross skilling for the team from a support point of view
- Participate in design reviews of new projects
- Works hand in hand with the support lead/ technical lead and owns responsibility of the work being assigned
- Continually works on improving technology skill level of self
- Inputs to the development teams on design to ensure application supportability are prioritized
- Analysis and delivery of periodic changes to production systems to improve efficiency
- Assist with testing activities and provide documentation for testing activities
- Primarily work in standard Application Management shift (UK Shift) or as per requirement & operating model
- Ability to work in 24 x 7 support environment and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Pro-active and capable of taking ownership of tasks. The person must have had significant International client facing experience. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build client relationships quickly.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation capable of getting hands-on with the resolution.
What the Business Does
Application Support team provide 24X7 supports to the production environment and ensure that the applications are available as per the SLA. They work closely with the project teams during the development phase to ensure that the applications are supportable and maintainable in future. They also get involved in risk management and audits.
As Apps Support, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze the production issues and provide solutions and implement them. Role has to contribute in all production issues recoveries.
- Build knowledge documents to be used by the team and to contribute in application take-on from project team.
- Contribute in application design reviews with project team and building support model.
- Build task force to resolve long-running and complex issues in the system thereby improving efficiency of the production environment.
- Mentor and liaise with support engineers on improving technology skill level.
- Make sure availability of all business critical applications in scope
- Involvement in infrastructure events DR/ADR,M5K events etc
- Timely and effective response to users query
- Proven ability to document and share knowledge with team members.
Skills you need
- Educational qualifications in either BE / M Tech / MCA; certification in relevant technologies desirable
- Must have strong working knowledge of Informatica, Oracle, Unix, Mainframe, CA7 and Teradata. Good understanding of batch production support.
- Must be knowledgeable about incident management tools and recovery management procedures.
- Pro-active and capable of taking ownership of tasks; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build client relationships quickly experience in application maintenance and production support roles; exposure to ITIL good practices desirable
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in either production support or enhancement projects with specific focus on technology and generally on banking domain. Minimum experience of 2 years in an application production support environment
- Must have good understanding of audit, risk and compliance requirement from production support perspective.
- Pro-active and capable of taking ownership of tasks and Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build client relationships quickly.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.