This job posting is no longer active
To qualify for this role, you need to have strong prior experience with 7-10 years in web development with a varied portfolio of work to show for it.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the CFT at Corporate & Institutional Banking Technology reporting to the Project Manager
The India-based development teams within CFT Technology India are responsible for understanding global business requirements, writing technical specification, designing and delivering an optimal solution to business. The teams work alongside similar teams in the London as well as smaller teams elsewhere in Asia, collaborating as an extended team within a distributed development model. Front office teams develop and enhance applications that support the trading activities of the investment bank across product areas such as currencies, fixed income and capital markets.
As Lead Software Designer, your responsibilities will include:
- Interface development within major client projects, interpreting business, functional and UX requirements
- Creating the standards and strategy for front-end development including mark- up standards
- Translating Wireframes into functional HTML/CSS/JS, delivering artifacts to server-side development teams to implement server-generated web pages
- Liaising with the business where necessary to communicate concepts and solutions, providing insight and feedback to UX & Designer on usability and feasibility of interface designs
Skills you need
- Excellent knowledge of the wide range of issues that affect client side development such as cross-browser issues, search engine optimisation, usability, web standards
- Leading edge knowledge in emerging technologies, proven track record of successfully designing web as well as desktop application interfaces
- Expert knowledge of standards compliant HTML 5 APIs, CSS2/3 and OOJS, experience with Modular JS and JS Design Patterns
- Deep understanding of both progressive enhancement and AJAX-based single page application build using MVVM and/or MVC based frameworks, experience with working with Restful or SOAP based web services, JSON/ XML
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.