This job posting is no longer active
If you possess hands on scrum master experience, managed the project delivery and governance end to end as per P3M standards, able to lead cross functional global development team, a position as Team Lead is ideal for you. Team Lead will be accountable to the project manager for the deliverables within agreed timescale, and to quality and budget. You will be managing and resourcing the delivery plan(s); reviewing the plans, costs, and resources with the Project Board.
To qualify for this role, you need to have prior experience in Agile Scrum Methodology and should have implemented software development projects end to end.
What the Business Does
This role is based in CPB, Technology Services team working specifically in Customers and Channels Technology.
As Team Lead, you will be required to:
- Own the assurance, maintenance and publication of platform/service road-maps for associated RBS platforms within remit
- Management and maintenance of internal relationships with other system organizations within RBS
- Ensuring the completion of the analysis of business requirements, including the definition of requirements scope, solution design, plan, timescales and costs
- Forecasting and tracking projects to keep the budget and cost below estimate, and should be able to predict and manage risks efficiently
- Ensuring there is full end-to-end ownership for the business solutions and liaise with other business and technology teams in good time as required for solution design, planning, development, testing and release management
- Establishing a robust governance structure that allows coverage of key governance functions (e.g. escalation path, review of business case) and provides transparent reports on project progress, risks and issues at the required intervals
Skills you need
- Service Now, P3M (or Prince2), Scrum Master expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically dealing with staff at all levels.
- Excellent administration skills with an eye for detail and self-motivated.
- The ability to influence decisions across all senior levels of management.
- Excellent documentation skills with experience of creating support documentation for users.
- Excellent approach to planning work, managing priorities and using own initiatives to overcome issues.
- Able to work under pressure, fast in adapting to new procedures and working practices of a dynamic and international environment
- Able to ensure appropriate adherence to process and governance associated with all change activities to avoid incurring any breaches of process from Change Management
- Manage Risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions on projects.
- Proficient in estimation techniques
- Demonstrable understanding of associated platforms and the underlying technology and business domain.
- Track record of exerting significant influence to business and technology partners for large/complex projects and programmes in a financial services organization.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques used for development and testing.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.