Team Leader - Testing
This job posting is no longer active
Team Leader – Testing working within the PBB team is responsible for software testing of the one or multiple projects. This includes defining, execution & maintenance of test cases (manual & automated, acceptance, functional & regression).
The Team Leader- Testing role will provide hands-on individual contributor role for the test automation strategy & will develop test automation packs within a continuous delivery environment. The test designer will own execution of manual & automation testing & strike the right balance between the two to identify gaps and vulnerabilities.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Personal and Business Banking at Technology Services India division reporting to the Test Manager.
This requirement primarily belongs to - Business process management (BPM), whish is a systematic approach to making an organization's workflow more effective, more efficient and more capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. A business process is an activity or set of activities that will accomplish a specific organizational goal. Business Processes can be chained together to deliver consistently repeatable user and customer experiences across the enterprise.
Technology Services India develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus.
As Team Leader - Testing, you will be required to:
- Understand system requirements and create testing strategy and roadmap pertaining to best possible features and solutions
- Provide scope management for technical tasks of project according to team and delivery time; provide estimates for technical tasks
- Work hands-on with automation to help the QA team; work with testing team and developers for requirements understanding and defining the scope
- Create, update and execute automation pack / suite (both regression and new functionality) within given timelines; explore new technologies and tools and come up with efficient test utilities
- Collaborate closely with talented professionals/teams in London and India, at different seniority levels, in a fast paced environment
- Keeping serving customers in mind, provide testing hands-on when required, lead by example
- Understand the requirements, work on the test planning and estimation with team lead, develop/review test cases/conditions, log defects and provide regular updates to the Lead/Managers.
- Record defects using defect tracking tools and manage it’s resolution
- Publish Status Reports
- Draft Test Exit reports
- Engaging with business to understand and prioritise the testing requirements and Acceptance Criteria.
- Work with business analyst and technical experts as required to deliver testing to time and budget.
- Ensure all the governance process for Service Now and P3M are adhered for release implementation
- Document and Testing of code on time and as per Testing standards.
Skills you need
- 8-12 years of experience in manual & automation testing Client/Server, Web & SOA applications and test planning across various cycles of SDLC (SIT, UAT)
- Hands-on experience in writing, execution & maintenance of test cases (manual & automated; acceptance, functional & regression)
- Strong experience of testing processes & producing test reports
- Strong understanding of at least one Test Automation Tool - QTP, Fitnesse, Selenium, Rational Robot
- Comfortable with defect tracking tools (such as JIRA, Bugzilla etc.) & strong understanding of defect lifecycle
- Should be conversant with databases (Oracle/ SQL Server / MySQL) & writing SQL queries
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.