Technical Security Officer
This job posting is no longer active
RBS Services (Switzerland) Ltd is part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and headquartered in Zurich. Its purpose is to manage the Swiss based technology platform and back-office operations supporting the private banking business of Coutts. Coutts forms part the Commercial and Private Banking division of Royal Bank of Scotland Group and is widely recognised as one of the leading private banks and wealth managers in the UK, connected to nearly 70,000 private clients.
As part of the Security Operations Centre you will support the team with your sound technical security knowledge. Together we make sure that RBS Private Banking remains on acceptable information and IT security risk level. You are the technical expert and support the team in their daily security business and help to improve the existing security monitoring framework. We are looking for a dynamic self-contained engineer who will support us in being the state of the art SOC. This is an opportunity to move a step forward in your IT security career.
- Vulnerability identification, assessment and remediation tracking
- Maintain and improve security monitoring infrastructure (Splunk, Tenable Nessus, Forcepoint DLP, Skybox, etc.) for compliance auditing, system account review and vulnerability management
- Maintain and improve computer based network model of PB IT for virtual vulnerability testing
- Define and establish system compliance policies and track compliance
- Approve firewall change requests and verify the implementation of changes
- Support security incident investigation and improve security monitoring framework
- Conduct security risk assessments based on detected vulnerabilities and security risks
- Sound IT knowledge in the areas of Operating Systems (UNIX, LINUX, Windows), Data Base (Oracle, MS SQL) and Network-(Cisco, Checkpoint) Security
- Solid security know how and experience with security technologies like firewall, proxies and VPN’s
- Broad knowledge with security tools like Splunk, Tenable Nessus, McAfee Web/Mail gateways, etc.
- Knowledge in data protection and privacy compliance
- Solid English in writing and conversation
- Ability to communicate with and guide technical staff
- Ability to act on one’s own initiative and openness and ability to learn new things
- More than one year of involvement in security operations tasks (e.g. vulnerability management, account reviews, FW change approval), preferable in the financial industry
- Several years of IT engineering experience
- Experience in IT security standards and frameworks like NIST, OWASP, etc.
- Experience in network security management and perimeter security
- Involvement in vulnerability identification, assessment and remediation processes (advantage)
- Bachelor degree in system and network engineering
- CISSP certification preferred
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please note: We will only consider applications made directly or through our preferred suppliers.