Analyst - Linux
This job posting is no longer active
In this role, you will be working as a member of the Linux platform engineering team within RBS India.
This is a highly technical role and to qualify you will need to have five plus years prior experience in a position such as an infrastructure/platform/systems engineer or developer.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Enterprise Platforms team within IT Operations reporting to the Head of Linux Engineering. There are team members in London, Edinburgh and Bangalore.
Roles and responsibilities of the team include
- Collating requirements for technology, products and services from customers and stakeholders
- Managing product and component selection and lifecycle management of solutions
- Delivery of global standardised solution offerings which adhere to agreed RBS standards
- Offer 3rd/4th line support around supported products
- Provide Consultancy to other teams (internal and external to Production Services), e.g. Operations for capacity planning
As a Linux Engineer, you will be required to:
- Help to maintain, manage and enhance associated technologies appropriate to the RBS Linux operating environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the bank giving guidance to projects and others on appropriate methods of delivering changes into supported builds and environments.
- Maintain market awareness of the appropriate server standards and contribute to the development of these to improve business value, make recommendations on aspects of server infrastructure (e.g. performance, security, networking, usability)
- Help to ensure that standards and processes are adhered to for Linux Server hardware, operating systems and base applications.
Skills you need
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux is essential
- Knowledge of virtual/hardware platform fundamentals.
- Information Security best practice
- Writing good quality and easily reusable technical documentation
- Knowledge or awareness of cloud technologies (IaaS/PaaS)
- Active Directory
- Agile working principles
- System monitoring and management
- Configuration Management tools (.e.g. Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
- Automated builds and CI/CD pipelines
- Development tools (e.g. git or equivalent, JIRA)
- Virtualisation (Preferably VMWare ESX)
- Server side Storage products and concepts (NAS/SAN, logical volume management, data protection and recovery)
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.