This job posting is no longer active
Take on the role of Legal Counsel in our London office
- For a strong and competent legal professional, this is a chance to join our specialised Large Corporates and Structured Finance legal team
- There is the enviable dual advantage of becoming part of a specialist area while still enjoying a varied and extensive breadth of work
- You'll gain significant exposure across all our franchises as you provide strategic legal support and advice across the Lending and Advisory Businesses within the Large Corporates & Sectors, Structured Finance and NatWest Markets where challenge and progression go hand in hand
What you'll do
In the Large Corporates and Structured Finance legal team, we provide transactional and advisory support to the bank’s key lending businesses, including both syndicated and bilateral lending. We support a broad range of the bank’s lending businesses, including corporate and investment grade lending, leveraged finance, infrastructure finance, funds finance and project finance. As part of this team, you'll be managing and coordinating the delivery of high value transactional and lending product legal advice, support and strategy to our Lending and Advisory Businesses across the board.
Day to day in your role, you'll be:
- Supporting the bank’s transactional lending businesses, including reviewing and advising on loan documentation
- Making sure your advice is readily understandable to all parties as you'll often be dealing with a wide audience that won't necessarily have a legal background
- Getting involved in providing expert advice on regulatory issues including upcoming regulatory and market led changes affecting the lending product, business initiatives and projects
- Bring to bear your perceptive and inquisitive mind, contributing to the continuous improvement in the operating practices and processes of the team
The skills you'll need
As a qualified solicitor or barrister you'll also bring with you experience of providing commercially focused legal advice, ideally in-house at a financial services company but alternatively in a private practice.
We're also looking for:
- Banking lawyers with notable syndicate lending experience and solid industry level knowledge of the legal and regulatory issues currently facing banks
- Well developed knowledge and transactional experience of the following types of lending: acquisition finance, corporate lending, sponsor and corporate led leveraged finance, infrastructure finance, project finance and lending to financial institutions
- The ability to build rapport and establish strong working relationships
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.