Head of Data and Analytics
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in design, development and support of Data and Analytics platforms for bank-wide use cases which provide decision support, management reporting, customer insight, regulatory reporting and also support various digital channels on their historical and real-time data needs, a position as Head of Data and Analytics is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for building a strong engineering capability across India to support the bank wide ambition.
To qualify for this role, you need to have in-depth understanding of banking and financial services across corporate, commercial and retail business lines.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Data and analytics function at Digital & Engineering Services reporting to the Head of Technology – Digital & Engineering Services.
The Data and analytics function within DES manages bank wide platforms which are used across business lines and shared functions for both regulatory reporting as well as internal and customer facing propositions. The nature and scale of demand for these platforms tends to significantly outstrip supply and hence the need for a strong technology leader based in India who can strengthen the delivery capability in India and align to a new target state global model which is based on agile principle
As Head of Data & Analytics, you will be required to:
- Assume regional India leadership for strategic bank wide Data and Analytics platforms which includes managing the current team of 120+ staff across Gurgaon and Chennai; provide Technology thought-leadership on bank wide data and analytics technology target state and road-map which will include leverage latest developments in big-data technologies
- Grow the proportion of India footprint in the global footprint to 70%+(~200+) with due mixed of permanent and managed capability to ensure a commercially sustainable delivery model for data globally
- Globally own all managed services contracts to ensure we get the most value through appropriate partnerships via strategic consolidation with at-scale vendors and focused engagement with niche/specialized partners
- Optimize the people dependency within support and BAU functions by driving automation as well as strategic changes in the underlying platforms and business processes to reduce waste
- Work closely with change the bank programme teams to understand their requirements, business drivers and appropriate scale the teams preferably working on agile principles with end-end ownership
- Drive the execution of the target state global operating model which includes, refreshed location strategy, vendors strategy and delivery model on well-defined timeline and road-map
Skills you need
- Experience of leading multi-cultural teams across geographies (domestic and international); proven experience of leading complex technology, capability and cultural change across the organizations
- Ability to fully engage stakeholders, develop trusting relationships with senior leaders and ensure clear communication at all levels; strong engineering background across multiple data architectures including Data warehousing, Business Intelligence, Hadoop ecosystem, Decisioning systems and related tooling
- Commercial, technical acumen and strong third party management skills with a track record of delivery to budget; model behaviors in line with RBS Leadership Standards; Agile delivery methods experience is an added benefit; Budget and financial management
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.