This job posting is no longer active
Join us as an Associate-Treasury, GFS Treasury team is responsible for all aspects of Finance Support for RBS Treasury, which includes, ensuring the maintenance of control and governance over the books and records relating to the RBS Treasury business, for the purposes of financial reporting internally to the business management and senior executives and externally to shareholders, regulators and other stakeholders. Partnering the business in product development, hedging strategies, new transactions and initiatives, risk and P&L volatility management, balance sheet management and liquidity reporting.
What the Business Does
This role is based in Gurugram at Treasury division reporting to the Associate Vice President. GFS Treasury works closely with Central Treasury Finance to support all core Treasury activities in Liquidity, Capital, Funding and Fx & Interest Rate Risk Management space. Responsible for the delivery and integrity of daily & monthly financial information (balance sheet, profit and loss account and supporting data).
As an Associate, you will be required to:
- Responsible for daily P&L analysis for the underlying Treasury products which include Money Market, Fixed Income, FX & Interest Rate Derivatives.
- Responsibility includes daily FX open position reporting to Front Office and helping them to cover the open exposure.
- Responsible for Interest rate & FX hedge accounting.
- Responsibility includes working closely with Front Office to support new transactions.
- Daily Market risk reporting including PVO1, TLP curve and daily funding rate production.
- Responsibility in preparing and delivering source system reconciliations for legal entities.
- Responsible for delivery of a substantiated and accurate Balance Sheet & P&L.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures, outlined KPI’s and all other compliances
- Provide input and support process improvements using LEAN techniques, ensuring BAU and development activities are the focus of continuous improvements
- Expected to break down complex problems into their core components and communicate the issues concisely.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in GFS India and Treasury Finance leveraging off best practice across the wider Finance family.
- Support in identification, resolving and providing solutions to issues arising from financials produced (for the division supported), using analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Awareness of changes to business requirements ensuring any impacts to outputs is sufficiently assessed and appropriate changes are implemented within required timescales.
Skills you need in order to be successful
In this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Qualified CA or MBA with 4-6 years of relevant experience preferably in a product control or complex finance control space within a global bank.
- Knowledge of banking environment, treasury product and technical accounting knowledge, understanding of one or more of treasury work streams – capital, liquidity, securitization, FX & Risk, term, asset liability management, liquidity reporting, treasury regulatory reporting
- Understanding of Banking business and products.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.