This job posting is no longer active
Join us in London as a Business Analyst
- Joining our Transaction Management & Operations (TMO) team, you'll contribute significantly to Trade & Transaction Reporting Projects
- Exposed to various teams across this growing area of the business, this is a fantastic opportunity to build a strong network and learn from a variety of specialist units
- You'll perform crucial data gathering, business analysis, testing and implementation as part of the Corrective Reporting workstream of the Trade & Transaction Reporting Project
What you'll do
This is a highly analytical role in which you'll support the Corrective Reporting workstream. This will involve issue definition, historical architectural analysis, collation of previous requirements, data mining and analysis, defining correction rule, and assisting with the correction and back reporting processes. You'll also provide data and analytical models, eliciting and documenting requirements, identifying solutions and verifying that they meet requirements before supporting development activities.
Having built strong relationships with key project stakeholders, you'll provide project support through system and technology development, transaction data analysis and correction. You'll also address the way in which we report on our systems and processes, and identify areas for improvement.
In addition to this, you'll be responsible for:
- Data mapping and performing data investigations against live and decommissioned systems
- Converting business requirements into functional solutions and data specifications
- Preparing material for and running workshops
- Progress reporting, issue identification, tracking and resolution
- Assisting testing teams in preparation and review of test scenarios and scripts before assisting with testing execution
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience in an analyst role, with an understanding of equities, business architecture principles and methods, and of the project lifecycle. Along with an awareness of front to back system architecture and the trade lifecycle, you'll have good SQL knowledge and experience with data mapping.
As well as this, you'll need:
- An understanding of rates and an interest in regulatory initiatives
- The ability to investigate issues fully, ensuring that all relevant information is considered
- Strong organisation skills, able to work to tight deadlines with a flexible approach
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, able to work successfully both within your immediate team, the business and support areas as well as the wider change function
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 15% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.