This job posting is no longer active
Join us as an IT Production Support professional and manage L1/L2 technical IT support for various business applications within the firm.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Finance technology
Finance technology provides a range of support services to multiple divisions and functions across RBS finance and key divisions of the bank globally. Users use varies reporting tools for doing their daily/weekly/monthly reporting.
As a support professional , your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide L1/L2 technical support for business applications within the firm.
- Provide as appropriate a 2nd line support capability and within that a timely resolution and or escalation of production problems.
- Participate in service operational reviews, ensuring SLA and other data/information is provided to assist with such reviews
- Understand and work to the business deadlines – specifically around the Finance month end processes
- Support all users with their queries and respond in a timely manner
- Communicate to the business whenever there are any changes or production issues which may impact on their ability to perform their job
- Specifically build a good working relationship with the Business and other users of the application.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Qualification from an Engineering College MCA/BE/ME (1st class
- Minimum 4 years experience of working in a support type role preferably in capital markets domain.
- Minimum 2 years experience in dealing with senior IT and business management
- Database (Oracle or any other DB) , Unix Shell Scripting, Microsoft Excel,
- Have general understanding of Support functions
- Incident, change and outage Management skills
- Good to have knowledge of Java, SAS and OBIEE
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.