Tech Lead (Specialism)
A key objective of this role is to provide remote infrastructure and application support for SCCM, SMS, SCOM and McAfee AV applications. The patching and compliance of RBS infrastructure is managed by these tools, the entire RBS servers and workstations make use of these tools for patching, AV security and compliance. You will be responsible to manage these infrastructure and applications to keep them on high availability so that clients can download the security and critical patches.
To qualify for this role, you need to have minimum 7-8 years of work experience in remote infrastructure support, server admin and application experience in SCCM, SMS, SCOM and McAfee AV.
What the Business Does
RBS is a global bank, head quartered in the UK, with the advancements in the End User computing area RBS has a Workplace Technology Desktop Engineering team which would help manage the requirement of our stakeholders in the Desktop space. The key role of the Desktop Engineering space is to keep the RBS estate secure and look for delivering new edge technology to our customers. Some of the areas where we are involved are:-
- Managing the SCCM/SCOM/SMS and McAfee AV infrastructure for entire RBS.
- Providing supports for SCCM and SCOM clients
- Providing support APD/RM teams to package the apps and deploy
- Providing the monitoring service for Messaging, directory services and Web services.
- Preparing the infrastructure for patching and other critical rollouts
- Creating the policy for ePO and managing the McAfee AV security compliance for entire RBS.
- Preparing the reports for security and compliance for client machines.
As a Tech Lead, you will be required to:
- Contribute in regular patching activity for the various Domains and for all flavors of Operating system.
- Should be well versed with Microsoft patching cycle and the SUVP process.
- Assist in the team management and involved in the day-to-day delivery of the services and technology.
- Assist the handling the adhoc requests like documentation, reporting and other skills required to manage the team.
- Strong understanding of the critical business services delivered from Technology Services
- Should be able to manage the service independently and recommend new solutions / techniques to help us move from traditional ways into new technologies. This could be adoption of new hardware / new solution design etc which should add value to service delivery and business.
- Operate at a senior level within a support context and work closely with other areas to provide root cause analysis for any incidents
- Maintain software currency and carry out health checks against the estate and proactively respond to any negative results to prevent impact to services.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced team members and building capability within the team.
- Work with the technology Change Programmes/Governance to facilitate delivery of change in support of business objectives.
- Supporting the BAU and project work.
Skills you need
- Sound knowledge on Windows server administration on Win2k, 2003, 2008, 2012 and clustering.
- Excellent knowledge of SCCM, SMS and SCOM, including troubleshooting, migration, upgradation and planning.
- Knowledge on McAfee and ePO administration
- Knowledge on scripting technology such as VBscript, PowerShell, and .net
- Basic knowledge on GPO, DNS and Active Directory, WMI, firewall and network concepts.
- Should have hardware troubleshooting knowledge on servers, iLO, DRAC and remote connectivity tools.
- Well versed with ITIL process
- Backup and restore technologies for servers.
- Important to have good communication and documentation skill.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.