Application Solution Designer
Join us as an Application Solution Designer in Manchester or Edinburgh
- You'll work across a range of application development projects, supporting Operational Tax, Anti Money Laundering and Operations business areas, as part of our Shared Solutions Technology team
- Working across these areas of our business and with 3rd parties, you'll enjoy a varied and important role, with significant opportunities for personal and professional development
- For somebody with technical talent and a passion for developing innovative solutions, this would be an excellent platform to build your career profile and make a lasting difference to our business
What you'll do
You'll enable change in the organisation by helping develop end to end solutions to turn business opportunities into high level solutions based on knowledge of multiple business product platforms, or technical products and platforms.
In this role you will:
- Define appropriate technical solutions for programmes or platforms to meet business requirements and change standards
- Undertake technical analysis, and design and delivery of technology solutions and components
- Provide high quality analytical input to support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution
- Capture, validate and document technical requirements, ensuring they're in line with key strategic principles, and translate these from business objectives or external requirements
- Build, manage and maintain a positive working relationship with stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers across multiple franchises and functions
- Research and develop new technology solutions, and identify and support cut-over and implementation tasks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who has worked in a technical environment using multiple technologies, either in an analysis or development capacity. Specialist knowledge in one or more technologies or development tools would be an advantage.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience in the application of technical analysis tools and techniques
- An understanding of, and experience with, Agile or DevOps methods
- Excellent stakeholder management and teamwork abilities
- Strong organisational and communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.