This job posting is no longer active
Job Title: Tech Lead (Off-host)
Job Location: Gurgaon or Chennai, India
Role Reports to: Project/Platform/Development Manager
The scope of Tech Lead role is detailed as below:
- Provide technical direction and leadership across all stages of a project lifecycle, with particular emphasis on the design, develop and implementation stages.
- Make recommendations with regard to aspects of systems’ infrastructure, e.g. performance, security, networking, usability.
- Research, analyse and present suitable and sustainable solutions to meet business needs, demonstrating awareness of the project within the wider context.
- Be capable of working without supervision.
- To ensure consistency of technology usage across a programme, by continuously reviewing existing toolsets and code, suggesting re-use of components and ensuring the design of new components allows for potential reuse.
- To provide direction on technology use, by performing research into new technologies, liasing with technology providers (including internal), establishing all processes required for the adoption of any new technologies.
- To continuously improve the technical competency of the platform and/or project team, by establishing relevant training, actively mentoring designers/engineers and driving implementation of best practices and adherence to standards
- To ensure decisions related to own area of responsibility are taken promptly and effectively while displaying a mature understanding of commercial awareness.
- To demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to move between technical platforms with similar architectures.
- Ability to work with technical teams based in multiple geographical locations.
- Ability to manage own time to ensure all aspects of the role are covered at all times.
- Ability to multi-task between several work items on separate projects concurrently.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and withstand business demands.
- Able to work with and give technical direction to team.
- Good stakeholder management and ability to build strong relationships.
What the Business Does
The Clearing platform is responsible for developing and maintaining complex cheques and vouchers processing IT applications and systems interfacing with various internal and external technology areas, processes and systems.
As Clearing Tech Lead, you will have the following responsibilities:-
- Take, and own, responsibility for delivering assigned work items to time, quality and cost parameters.
- Assess high level business requirements during Define stage to assess TS impact.
- Compile impact assessments, cost estimates and assist with planning.
- Provide consultancy to the business in the production of business requirements documents.
- Produce, or input to production of, solution designs.
- Provide technical leadership to designers, developers and testers based in multiple geographical locations.
- Provide guidance and support to business stakeholders or other technology stakeholders, e.g. GIS, Application Management.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to a business audience without the use of technical jargon.
- Support change deliveries/implementations through contribution to implementation planning and during change delivery.
- Maintain awareness of internal, and wider, technology developments, e.g. new or enhanced applications, relevant to the platform for potential utilisation within solution designs.
Skills you need
Essential skills and experience required for the role:
- Hands on experience in leading design & build in for at least 2 medium to large size implementations.
- Proven technical experience (8 years minimum) in Java and other off-host technologies.
- Strong understanding of design standards, operational principles and key processes.
- Experience of industry standards relating to services and solutions and delivery of change.
- Demonstrable understanding of associated platforms and the underlying technology and business domain.
- Track record of exerting significant influence to business and technology partners for large/complex projects and programmes in a financial services organisation.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques used for development and testing.
- Design and build cost and time estimation.
- Demonstrable experience of working with internal, third party and offshore based resources and vendors.
- Able to quickly form productive relationships with technology and business stakeholders.
- Strong influencing, communication and presentation skills; able to explain and present simple to complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to identify risks relevant to the both the immediate and wider operational environment.
- Ability to explain the risks involved in the solution options available, from a business and technology perspective.
- Understanding of RBS Programme / Project Management / Development Methodologies.
- Ability to work across the organisation at a senior level.
- Ability to work with third parties and a solid understanding of commercial and contractual obligations.
Desirable skills and experience for the role:
- Domain/technical knowledge of Banking/Payments.
- Understanding of Cheque and Credit Clearing processing and Clearing life cycle systems i.e. In Clearing, Out Clearing, Unpaids and Exceptions.
- Understanding of mainframe based applications.
- Awareness about architecture frameworks like TOGAF.
- Experience of testing in CTE (set-up and application support).
- Working knowledge of Cheque and Credit Clearing processing and Clearing life cycle (In Clearing, Out Clearing, Unpaids and Exceptions).
- Awareness of relevant Industry bodies and Standards.
- CICS web services.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.