Analyst - Webservices
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in Web architecture and secured environments, a position as Analyst – Web Services Projects is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing systems and business components into an operational environment, planning and delivering own work while operating without supervision.
To qualify for this role, you need to have an Infrastructure background with an understanding of the Project life cycle experience. A good understanding on Webservices concepts is also required.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Global Data Centre Services at GIS – GDCS(India) reporting to the Team Lead.
As Analyst, you will manage the overall delivery of assigned projects within Webservices. You will drive the strategic development of all enhancements and initiatives, working in collaboration with the Strategy team to align to the overall Systems Strategy. Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a single point of contact for Project Managers where allocated as a representative of the Web Projects team and for Availability of services
- Ensuring that projects are designed to operate efficiently and are cost effective within the RBS infrastructure and continually strive to improve the service provided to projects and where possible reduce the effort and time taken to deliver through service improvements.
- Influencing and improving team standards and processes, manage the variety of test infrastructure the team builds and supports to ensure that it continues to provide a high level of service
- Ensuring that a pragmatic and effective approach to projects being delivered into the Web estate, and that they are well-designed and implemented to operate efficiently and within governance in the RBS infrastructure
Skills you need
- Awareness and adherence to effective risk management and apply technical knowledge to resolve a range of incidents/problems within a project context in a timely manner to reduce delays to projects
- Strong experience in Windows 2000 server onwards till windows 2008
- Good knowledge of IIS5, IIS6.0, IIS 7.5 and Core Web Security
- Good understanding ISA2004, ISA 2006 and TMG2010
- A strong understanding of Datapower Concepts
- Exposure to SCOM, Tivoli and HP service center
Why RBS ?
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.