Analyst Specialism - Oracle DBA
This job posting is no longer active
If you want to guide an Oracle RDBMS Support team by providing technical support and advice, a role as an Oracle DBA Analyst with the Oracle Support team is what you are looking for. In this position, you will be making recommendations on the aspects of Oracle RDBMS systems infrastructure.
To qualify for this position, you need to have expert level experience of Oracle DBA. You should have handled technical environments approaching the complexity of the RBS group. You also need to have worked with database queries, tuning and performance enhancement.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Oracle Support team at GIS reporting to the Team Lead.
The Oracle Support team works on the eBiz technologies and deals with the various architectural aspects of the Oracle RDBMS systems. It stresses on performance, security, networking and usability. The team works extensively with Oracle products such as E-Business Suite, OAS, OBIEE, SSO, OID and Web Logic.
The Oracle support team will ensure that the BAU support is maintained for operation efficiency within the RBSG infrastructure.
As an Oracle DBA Analyst, you will be involved in the research, analysis and solution delivery that meet the business and technical needs of the Oracle RDBMS systems.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and supporting Oracle RDBMS environments
- Planning and performing production implementations
- Providing effective representation of their specialist area as primary interface to the Support Manager
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced team members
- Continuously evaluating productivity and identifying initiatives for service improvement
Skills you need
- Knowledge of Oracle AS technologies, INFRA/MID Tier, OEM Grid, Oracle RDBMS, and features e.g. ASM, Dataguard, RAC, etc.
- Experience in Sqlplus, RMAN and Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, Onames)
- Exposure on Database versions 8i/9i/10g/11g & 12c on various platforms
- Hands on experience on RAC technologies with installation and troubleshooting experience
- Hands on experience on backup and recoveries using RMAN, hot backups, BCP and SRDF
- Working knowledge of ASM storage, maintenance, troubleshooting and Shell scripting
Why RBS ?
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.