This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in Production Support framework you are expected to provide proactive support for end user application issues, escalated by the stakeholders. Responding to user calls, emails and chats and resolving problems as per the guidelines given as and when required.
What the Business Does
This role is based in Risk Change Delivery at CIB reporting to Head of Risk Trading.
The Technology Delivery India team provides application development services for Core, Finance technology. In addition, the team provides Infrastructure services for global requirements. Also, the team is responsible for executing major change programmers and IT support to the user base in India and provides technology solutions to India Bank.
Risk Change Delivery provides global IT solutions to Risk applications within RBS CIB division. This includes support of existing systems, small enhancements to those systems as well as larger-scale projects.
As Support Professional, Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to user calls, emails and chats and resolving problems as per the guidelines given as and when required
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to determine the origin of problems, for both application and batch issues, escalating to 3rd Level support resource within Application Development, when the situation requires.
- Monitoring of business critical batch processing controlled by Autosys. Notifying systems readiness for business for different business locations
- Maintain documentation on all production issues, actions and resolutions in-line with RBS best practices, to ensure knowledge accessibility and continuous learning amongst team.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Level 3 support resource within Application Development teams, and infrastructure support teams to resolve production issues.
- Build up an extensive and practical understanding of Credit Risk applications.Understand how the applications are used by end-users across the business, and map this to a technical understanding of how the functionality works and data moves through the system.
- Participate in the support Rota to ensure adequate business support coverage during core hours. Provide additional cover out of hours for application deployment and disaster recovery tests.
Skills you need
- UNIX skills (shell/Perl scripts and general command line utilities)
- Sybase/ Oracle/Sql Server PL SQL , stored procedures, debugging
- Support for Microsoft Technologies or Java/C# applications
- Knowledge of Coherence/Grid Computing will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Production Support framework ( e.g. ITIL)
- Production management tool i.e ServiceNow, HPC
- Experience on Orchestation tool Autosys/Ctrl M
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.