RBS Services (Switzerland) Ltd is part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and headquartered in Zurich. Its purpose is to manage the Swiss based technology platform and back-office operations supporting the private banking business of Coutts. Coutts forms part the Commercial and Private Banking division of Royal Bank of Scotland Group and is widely recognised as one of the leading private banks and wealth managers in the UK, connected to nearly 70,000 private clients.
The Application Architect owns the architecture and roadmap for the applications within their functional domain and work as part of programme/project delivery teams, shaping the architecture as part of the project lifecycle. In this role you are responsible for:
- Ensuring architectural quality and that the architecture meets both the functional and non-functional requirements of the project.
- Structuring the application into functional and technical sub-components and designing how the application components are interfacing with each other.
- Identifying application architecture standards to be applied, tracking and validating that projects adhere to those standards and deliver the right designs.
- Works closely with the Domain architects within Private Banking Services.
- Partnering with a range of stakeholders to ensure the application architecture and roadmaps are defined, maintained, communicated and used.
- Create architecture models and roadmaps of application software components to meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders across multiple franchises & functions to help them understand and support the architectural changes required to satisfy the business and bank-wide outcomes
- Keep up to date on industry thinking and best practices
- Supports architecture team development and training through sharing knowledge and skills
- Conduct compelling presentations and demonstrate products from the PB Services infrastructure and application portfolios
- Analyse customers business and technical requirements and deliver industry state-of-the-art solutions.
- Deep understanding of markets, industries, business, customers, and technology.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Structured and efficient way of working
- Understanding of software engineering processes to engage with development teams
- English written and spoken. German is an asset.
- Professional training or degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent)
- Several years experience in designing and developing software projects
- Proven knowledge of software technologies, application architecture and infrastructure (including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc)
- Track record in the “Avaloq-World”
- Experience working in cross-functional, multinational and geographically dispersed teams
- Experience assessing a broad range of information solutions and products particularly core banking, data warehouse, online banking and web services
- Experience in a professional senior technical role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please note: We will only consider applications made directly or through our preferred suppliers.