Senior Release & Environment Designer
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in release, environment and deployment, a position as Release and Environment Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical analysis and associated solutions for all infrastructure related requirements and issues.
To qualify for this role, you need to have 6+ years of prior experience in undertaking regular Build and Release activities on Pre-Production and Production environments.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Release and Environment Engineering team at TMOSS reporting to the Release Manager.
TMOSS provides critical tools and controls for managing the economic health of our businesses. The unit provides; Expertise & Insight, Data & Tools, High quality and stable platforms which fit for collateral, operations and lending business purpose.
As Senior Release and Environment Designer, you will be required to:
- Understand and drive decision on all new infrastructure requirements and related technology in most efficient way and ensure service infrastructure is built to design specification
- Provide a timely and effective response to infrastructure queries by analyzing, investigating and fixing them as required
- Provide expert support and advisory services as an engineering solutions provider for analyzing platform-level configurations and performance issues.
- Continuously work for process improvement. Especially look to improve control and increase automation
- Participate in reviews of major deliveries and production incidents to identify any root-cause issues and ways to improve/mitigate
Skills you need
- Experience of working with code repositories like SVN (or similar) and automation of configuration management tasks
- Working knowledge of Automation Tools preferable Geneou, Griddle, LK, Emma, Puppet
- Should be a good QA resource having Investment Banking experience
- Exposure to SQL, experience of working closely with development/Prod teams to define release requirements
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.