Senior Support Professional (UNIX)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in SQL, Unix and Geneos, a position as Senior Support Professional is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for performing L1 – L2 Support and resolving user queries within the agreed SLA.
To qualify for this role, you need to be a graduate in engineering or MCA with strong experience in Application Support.
What the Business Does
This role is based in CFP and Currencies at Technology India reporting to the Development Manager.
The India based development teams within Currencies, Futures and Prime Technology (CFPT) India are responsible for understanding global business requirements, writing technical specification, designing and delivering an optimal solution to business.
Technology India designs, builds, implements and supports global technology services for the bank. This includes application builds, testing, deployment, on-going IT Infrastructure support and a broad range of Keeping the Show on the Road (KSOR) activities. It is a key strategic element of the global technology function, enabling the bank to deliver 24/7 services to customers. The team also provides technology needs to the bank’s local businesses.
As Senior Support Professional, your responsibilities will include:
- Code level investigation of the jobs and action accordingly in case of any failures
- Analysis of user queries, maintenance, responding to customer queries and responding to critical/severe business problems
- Finding the bug which could hamper the business functionality, raising problem tickets for the incidents which occur frequently and assigning to the Code Migration Team to resolve it
- Weekend support/release and developing automated solutions/support tools to reduce the manual effort
Skills you need
- Technically sound in MS-SQL, PL-SQL, Oracle, Basic Unix, Windows server (from support perspective)
- Well versed with ITIL concepts like Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Good experience in Geneos or Autosys
- Must have knowledge of Back office clearing and settlement process and its flow
- An ITIL certification, front office, back office and Settlements knowledge is desirable
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.